Monthly Beauty Favourites: June 2014



This month I started a weekly favourites series where I give my readers and followers the chance to view what I'm using on a weeky by week basis. For my Monthly Favourites Post, here are the top 5 products I have enjoyed using throughout June.

Here's the weekly blog post throughout June 2014:

I have typical British skin. I'm pale and burn easily. But thankfully, I once the redness has settled I tan. So, to kick start the tan, I have been using the Garnier Body: Summer Body Moistrurising Lotion Sun Kissed in Deep. It's currently on sale at Boots.com. It's a bargain in if you're on a budget! This is a gradual tanning lotion that allows you to control and build up your tan. The more you apply it, the darker your gradual tan will look. The apricot fragrance is lovely and distracts from the usual tanning smell. Its non sticky and easy to apply. This is my second bottle of the year!

The last couple of months have been a stressful time for me. As a result, I have been breaking out more and more in specific areas: nose and chin. These are the worst areas for me. In order to calm the redness, I purchased my third favourite of the week. The Bodyshop Tea Tree Oil has done wonders from reducing these horrible red spots that appear out of nowhere! I use a cotton bud or Q-Tip and apply 2 drops to the end of it. Then, I apply directly to the spot/s rather then all over my face. It dehydrates the spot and reduces inflammation. I thought £7 for alittle bottle of oil was expensive - but actually I can see it lasting forever. It's also great for mixing with your daily shampoo if you're suffering from dandruff. Mutli-use product!!!

Along with the joys of Summer sunshine comes the misery of hay fever. My itchy, runny nose has become sore this week so the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream has to the rescue! The 'skin protectant' has a very thick balm like consistency which provides a barriers between the outside world and my skin. All I do is rub this around my nose on a morning (before makeup) and at bedtime to give me some form of protection. I've also been using this on my lips this week to stop them from becoming dried out!

Another product that I've been enjoying this week is the Studio Blush and Highlighter Palette from Super drug. It was part of the Studio Natural Beauty Set that I purchased at Christmas (I know - ages ago right). There are 3 shades available (from L to R): a peachy rose, a dark rose and a shimmer for highlighting areas of the face. Use together, and all three shades can create that perfect summer glow. I tend to use the peachy rose shade during the day as it compliments my skin tone. Both blushes are full of pigments so I only use a tiny amount. The shimmer is subtle enough to 'highlight' as suggested. Great little palette that I can see myself using throughout summer.

I have been using the Soap & Glory 'The Scrub Of Your Life' body scrub. It's a gel like formula with pink, small exfoliating beads to 'scrub' away dead skin. The smell is beautiful; with a combination of bergamot, mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach, strawberry, warm vanilla and woody notes. I would say that its a gentler body scrub that some of the others I have tried in the Soap and Glory range. Perfect to use on a daily basis particularly if you're sensitive to grainy exfoliators like me. If you are wanting something with more oomph then I'd recommend the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub.
 
That my top 5 favourites featured in my weekly favourites this month. Is there anything you've typically been enjoying this month? Old or new?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...