Career Talk | Etihad: The Application


After  applying for Emirates at the end of July I also decided to put in an applicaton for Etihad Airways. I am absolutely certain that working in the UAE is something I would like to pursue. So, nothing to lose (apart from my sanity, all this waiting around is driving me insane

On the 7th Aug, I started my application for Cabin Crew. In my opinion, I found the Etihad website more user friendly than Emirates. The website took you through a series of questions to make sure that you are suitable for the role. There were questions such as, have you applied to Eithad before, can you swim in water, can you each 210cm on tip toes.

Once you answer those questions, it takes you through the registration process. First section asks you to imput your personal details, and about your current job role. Next, it asks you about the languages you can speak. I would recommend putting something down, even if you're self-taught, or only know very basics of a language.Then, you need to upload your documents. You need copies of your passport; highest educational qualification, 1 passport photo and one full length photo in business attire. 

There are two job application questions that you must complete. They recommend spending around 5 minutes completing each question. For me, I spent about 45 minutes making sure I use good examples
  1. Please give one specific example from your past experience when you have worked as part of a really good team. Describe the situation, your role, what happened, and what the result was. (Max 500 words)
  2. Please give one specific example from your past experience when you have provided excellent customer service. Describe the situation, what you did, why you did it, and what the result was. (Max 500 words
I wont share all my questions for each question. However, here's what I answered for the second question:
To me, excellent customer service is about connecting with customers and establishing a strong rapport with the brand. As a Student Information Officer at the University of XXXXXXXXXXX, it was my duty of care to put the needs of the student or costumer first. I utilised career change my communication skills by listening carefully to the information and probed further with questions to get to the root of a problem. 

One individual was extremely distressed about the service she received by other organisation and had not received her loan payment to fund her accommodation fees at the University. She was a single parent who desperately needed the money. I listened carefully and showed empathy. By discovering the problem, I was able to discuss the help and advise her regarding University’s excellent support services. The issue was resolved in a matter of minutes. I contacted the accommodation services and was able to reach a deal to extend her deadline for payment The individual help as though I had ‘lifted weights’ off her shoulders and exclaimed that she would come back and use the service in future. That moment was rewarding, and demonstrated that I was passionate about looking after the costumer.

At the same organisation, I worked with international students coming for all over the world. They would arrive at the Student Information Desk with quires in regards to their Visa applications. I take responsibility and great pride in helping vulnerable people find their feet. A student came to the information desk panic stricken because she thought her passport was lost. She spoke broken English. Firstly, I took the student aside to calm her down. I give her good eye contact to reassure her that I was listening and observed her body language for clues to the issue. To aid communication, I contacted one of the interpreters to establish the problem. Whilst she was waiting, I made sure that she was comfortable, give her a glass of water and offered her smiles for reassurance. Once the passport was found, she came back into the information desk to help me for all my help. 

If I make a decision, I back it with my own professional judgement and take responsibility. Dealing with each enquiry or compliment on its own merit whilst ensuring that the costumer feels important is vital by taking ownership or using signposting in order to reach an above satisfactory conclusion. This experience of outstanding quality costumer care provision is something that I would bring to the role of a member of Cabin Crew.

I really hope this help some people put their thoughts and experiences into words. Some people might think that sounded good, others may feel there's room for improvement. Likewise, use it as a starting point to get those questions right! You've been given a 500 word count - so use it as much as possible. Give 2 really good examples at least.

By the 10th Aug, I recieved an invitiation to the Assessment Day at a hotel in London on the Monday 8th September. That's 2 days after submitting my application. I was so surprised, and had to double check which airline had sent the invitation. I expected Emirates to get back to me soon. I remember taking my little brother back home on the coach when I get the email confirmation through. So many emotions came all at once. Excitement, and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks.

Lots to organise such as my travel and hotel. The weekend before the AD I'm at a hen party in Leeds for one of my bestest friends. So I am travelling down the night before. In fact, to everyone who is invited for an AD, I'd suggest booking into the hotel where it's taken place. Stay the night before so you're all panicked in the morning.

I will blog how the Assessment Day for Etihad goes. Who knows if I will make it all the way through. This is my first AD and I'm not expecting to make it all the way though. But fingers crossed!!!!!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...