Beauty Empties Post #1



I love these blog posts and Youtube videos of everyones beauty empties. Since January, I have been trying to save all my beauty related empty products without automatically throwing them away. Easy? Actually, I should of had more products to feature but they went in the bin. Also, I have moved recently and think I may have thrown a bag in the rubbish too. Ooops.

Hopefully, this post can enlighten you on some products that I have been using over the past 6 months. Some of these products has earned a merit of their own product review which I will link further in the post.

It's time to share what I have used up....

Products Featured:
(....links to all products available. Just click on the title).
Schwarkoft Essence Ultime Omega Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
I switched from my much loved Bedhead range to a cheaper brand to give my bank balance a break for beauty purging. These two products work well together. The shampoo has a slightly thick consistency. It's formula is full of nourishing elements and it feels soft when lathering. I enjoyed using the conditioner as it feels likea balm but felt I needed to use more than necessary. Otherwise, it's good combination. They were OK. There was nothing about these products that excited me.

Liz Earle Orange Flower Botancial Body Wash
I received this product as a freebie following a gift set I produced from the Liz Earle counter in John Lewis at the Trafford Centre, Manchester back in January. If you enjoy subtle citrus fragrances when this would be the bodywash for you. My skin felt so soft after using this daily. I've repurchased this. It's worth every penny!

Moroccanoil Treatement
Is this expensive bottle of oil worth all the hype? YES, ABSOLUTELY! Don't question it. Sorry for the shouty capitals but it wasn't until I stopped using it, that I realised how much my hair responded to it. It can be applied to wet hair before blow drying or to dry hair after straightening. I noticed a smoother finish and gloss to my damaged hair which ticks all the boxes for me. Less is more: I used about a 5p size amount of product.  It claims to reduce the drying time but I didn't really observe much difference. However, I will be repurchasing this in a bigger bottle. The 25ml lasted around 5 months when used daily. In my opinion, this is really good.

La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche Moistruriser
French skincare is at the top of my most loved skincare products. I reviewed that producted back in February. Click here for the full in depth review. Loved this for winter/spring. I'm using some other products which this range which I will review later in the month.

Dove Purely Pampering Shea Butter with Warm Vanilla Body Wash
After finishing the Liz Earle body wash I moved onto this product from Dove. Usually, I do not opt for Dove body washes but this was in gift set I received from my birthday in January. The smell is delicious! Anything with vanilla wins my vote. The Shea butter provides that silky, moisturising factor. I was impressed with how much I enjoyed it. I would not go out of my way to repurchase. Nonetheless, it's a lovely product and easy to use. Good for tight budgets!

Mac Studio Fix Foundation
I'm sat here typing and thinking to myself - why haven't I done a full review on this already? By far, this is one of the best foundations I have used for my skin type. I'm delighted to report that this foundation stays on my face from 7.30am right through until the late evening. Throughout the whole year, I stick to one shade NC25 which is perfect for me. The coverage is medium and helps to camouflage acne scarring. At the moment, I am using a different brand but cannot wait to repurchased again.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
This is a beautiful product and create a nice layer of second skin. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation is probably the most I paid for a foundation!!! But is it worth it? I made a review on this last year and is the most popular post on my blog. Click here for a review in much more detail.

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish
This has been my daily cleanser for about 2 years now following a Youtube review from SWalker Makeup acouple of years ago. I've put the link to to direct you to her channel. I did my own review here :) Of course, even after trying newer products, I always find myself becoming back to the old favourite.  That's gotta say something!

Toni&Guy Cleanse Shampoo for Dry Hair
OMG - my hair endured a deep cleanse and survived. This is a clarifying shampoo that works to detox the scalp, roots and hair to breakdown the build up of products over time. I used this shampoo following a nightout or when I know I've put too much product in my hair. I enjoyed this shampoo but I would recommend using a conditioning mask straight after to tangle hair. Your hair feel squezzy clean to touch but very knotty :(

Bio Oil
If I only take one item on a desert island - this would be the one and only. I would recommend this to every single body on this planet. I absolutely love Bio Oil and discovered it after I accidentally injured my arm on a corner unit. Yes, it hurt and left an ugly dark scar. I wanted something that would make it lighten over time and heard plenty of excellent reviews about Bio Oil. After all, word of mouth and recommendations are more powerful that advertising and promotions themselves. When I'm not using gradual tan, I use this mainly on my arms, legs and bum. It's great to use after hair removal, particularly waxing .

Victoria by Victoria Secret
I've recently discovered the many different fragrance collections following the opening of the new(ish) Victoria Secret store in the Trafford Centre, Manchester. It was 'smell' and love at first sight. It has a very sweet and fruity smell. Actually, it reminds me of tropical juice - which I like so I suits me. It's certainly a day time fragrance for me as the sweet smell is uplifting and refreshing. The one and only issue I had was with the bottle. I broke off the fancy plastic ribbon after a day of being in my bag. So, be careful when transporting around.

That's it for my empties post. I am currently saving products for the next post coming soon :) What products you enjoyed or not, and used up recently?

Thanks for reading! Dont forgot to follow me on Blogloving. See homepage for details.

1 comment:

  1. Great empties you have here! Love the Dove Body Wash! Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and Mac Studio Fix Foundation have been on my wishlist for awhile now...definitely need to grab one of those eventually!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...