Rimmel Apocalips: Review & Swatches


I've been trying these lip glosses since late January so I think it's fair to say they've been used throughly. 

There are 8 colours ranging from deep reds to fair nudes.


From left to right: Nude Eclipse, Stelle, Luna, Big Bang, Apocaliptic,  Galaxy, Nova,  and Celestial 

Since Christmas I've been trying to cut back on the spending so I decided to choose only two from the range.  At first and to be honest, I wasn't hugely impressed with their colour range. The colours are very "rich and intense" as suggested by the adverts provided by Rimmel but I was expecting more range. Some of the colours really put me off like 'Luna'. It looks so bright orange and not my type of colour. So I was very reluctant to try them all.  However, I read some other reviews that say it's not as over powering and looks nice on. 


I choose 'Nova' and 'Big Bang'. 


They are a 'hybrid' between a lipstick and lipgloss. The main selling point is they have a thick consistency and intensive colour finish. They apply like a lipgloss and set like a satin lipstick. I am loving the texture and consistency of this product. I like that it's opaque and creamy. The colour is supposed to have a satin finish but over half an hour or so it dries to a matt finish so you will need to reapply. 

'Nova' 
Really enjoyed wearing 'Nova'. The pigments are fantastic. Very intense and bright. 

'Big Bang' 

When applied it leaves a satin finish without any stickiness. A key factor for me is it's staying power. These stay put for about 2/3 hours max before you find yourself topping up again. Saying that, I found that 'Big Bang' hardly budges and I find it can stain my lips. So be careful when applying not make any mistakes (easier said than done, I know). 

I find the application of this product a-bit hit and miss. It's a longish, narrow foam applicator that is quite flexible that's supposed to contour the lip. Although you can gather a good amount of product on the applicator, the little dip in the middle can make it apply unevenly and abit, well, sloppy. So, I've use a normal lip brush to apply though this can be annoying when I'm in a rush. I'd say that would be my main disappointment (unless I'm applying it wrongly!) 


These are available from most drug stores in the UK (boots and Superdrug). 

Price: £5.99 (currently on sale from Boots.com at £4.99)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...