Review: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer/ Highlighter


Originally, I purchased this as part of a 3 for 2 offer at Boots. I’d read some hype about it being a close dupe to YSL Touche Eclat though I had not tried either before. So, I took advantage of the offer and got it for free. 



I definitely jumped to conclusions with my first impressions. At first, I really liked the product but for me it did not have the coverage factor when concealing my problems area (mainly under eyes). I got completely sucked in and assumed it was a thick concealer and couldn’t understand why people has been raving about it. 


The Lumi Magique Concealer is available in 3 shades: Light, Medium and Dark
Eventually, after reading more product information online I begun to understand the mixed reviews surrounding the product They say: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer helps brighten the appearance of eyes. Helps cover any imperfections. Can be used to highlight cheekbones, brow bones and the cupid's bow.”

Perhaps there is some confusion over the expectation of the product. It is very easy to assume that this is a proper concealer. After all, it does use the word ‘concealer all over the product and it’s advertising. However, I think it’s slightly mis leading to the costumer. This is definitely more of a highlighting product and the consistency isn’t thick enough to be classed as a concealer.


Although the packaging is sleek and handy for travel size it annoys me at the same time.  It comes in a pen with a built in brush, that you have to twist the base to dispense any product. I hate not knowing how many twists I need to get enough product. Too much twisting and you end up with waste product that dries out the brush.


Using my regular concealer (Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear), I hide my dark spots and under eye baggage. Then, I apply the L’Oreal Lumi to brighten and highlight areas around the eyes, brow bone and bone structure. It’s great for making me look wide-awake after a rubbish nights sleep!

A technique that’s worked better for me is rather using the brush to apply directly onto the skin – place the product on the back of your hand and use your middle/ ring finger to lightly dab the product to cover the dark spots. I found this makes a massive difference as its can be blended onto the skin.


Overall, it’s not a bad product once you’ve applied it with your fingers rather than the brush provided.  It does what it says – highlights and brightens the appearance of eyes. But it does not conceal or cover imperfections in my opinion. I don’t think I will be re-purchasing again. Just because I think there are better, more competitive highlighters and concealers on the market that are effective. I may have rated this more if the packaging was better. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...