Review: Caudalie Beauty Elixir 30ml


They Say: “Inspired by the “elixir of youth” used by Queen Isabelle of Hungary, Caudalie Beauty Elixir smoothes features, tightens pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance. An excellent base for make-up, this water awakens the skin in the morning and livens it up before a night out. 
“Skin solution: For all skins lacking radiance. Caudalie Beauty Elixir is an exceptional anti-dull complexion treatment and a wonderful after-shave for men.”
“Main ingredients: Grape, orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint and rosemary.”
Now for some science'y bits:
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan



Hmmm…I’m not sure if it’s worth the hype! I’m torn because I love Caudalie’s skincare products but I do feel slightly let down. It’s like I’m bitching about the ‘popular’ girl that everyone loves cause she is all pretty and lovely but deep down you know she’s a faker and over compensating….comprende? 
The application of the product is good. The pump/ spray disperses a good amount of product that spreads across the face evenly.   Because of this, it does feel like you are getting a refreshing spritz of water which would be beneficial for some in the Summer. I did review acouple of reviews online before purchasing this product and some said it irritated their eye’s because they left them open. Well, close them. It’s made for spray onto the skin…not in your eyes! 

My least favourite thing is the smell. Duno why? Because I love the refreshing smell of mint but I think it’s the overpowering concoction of ingredients that get right up my nose. I would even go as far to say it has slightly medicinal scent.
Since September, I’ve used this as part of my skin and make up routine. However, I haven’t seen any results it claims to have. My skin looks more radiant because I put on a good foundation and moisturiser not because it’s a mircle worker beauty product. I’m frustrated and disappointed :0( 
I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s probably my skin type for the reason why it’s not worked as much as I hoped. It didn’t cause me many break outs a such and there were no difference in pore size. I wish could say something more positive…but there are no words. 

Bought for £9.90 from Feelunique.com 
Anyone else had this experience? Let me know in the comment below :0) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...