Review on Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (and alittle nosey around the Leeds Shop)




Some information first…

WARNING: I have babbled on...ooops! But so much to say...get a brew and come back!

There are a tremendous amount of reviews on the beauty cult products from Liz Earle. I have used some of the Cleanse & Polish (C&P) range for about a year so hopefully you’ll agree that I can give an honest review. My skin will be different to yours; your skin will be different to mine. So my review is based on my experience and thoughts on the products. 

I came across Liz Earle products after a bad experience of acne treatments on prescription from my GP. She gave me some tropical based solutions and creams to reduce the amount of break outs I was getting. But instead, they burned my face off after 3 days of using them. Subsequently, they left me with some mild scarring, and very dry to extremely dry skin.

Annoyed with the reaction I had, the following day I went back to my pharmacist and complained. She told me to stop using them immediately. Then, she warned that any oil based skin products, mainly the moisturiser I was using, was intensifying the reaction making it worse.  She also told me to change my skin care routine.

Gutted!

She recommended that I invested in some skin care that had more natural ingredients or products that contained eucalyptus. After 10 minutes of talking she gave me a list of brands to try and recommended Liz Earle.

This weekend I went back to Leeds to visit family and friends.  And, there just happened to be a window of opportunity while waiting to meet a friend in town to do some shopping.

I knew there was Liz Earle shop that opened last year in Victoria Quarter so I popped along to repurchase some old favourites.

…sorry for any waffle!!!




Honestly now, I do rate this product quite highly. Having used it for around a year (on and off of course) there’s always something that brings me back.

The smell makes me happy and relaxed. I love the smell of eucalyptus or anything menthol. Other blog reviews I’ve read say that the smell is a down side and they hate it! Each time I use C&P it leaves my skin feeling cleaned and refreshed. I absolutely love anything menthol for skin. As I do suffer from really bad hormonal acne, this definitely calms redness from fresh spots and breakouts. So I would highly recommend for anyone with dry combination skin or mild acne to give this a go.


I use this day and night. One pump should be enough to cover your entire face. Each bottle contains about a months worth for me

However, I do have some issues. Firstly, I wouldn’t say it’s fabulous at removing make up, especially mascara.  Not that I use the super long lasting waterproof stuff or nothing but I really struggled to remove any mascara with the product and muslin cloth. Very frustrating when you think you’ve thoroughly washed your face to look in the mirror and face a panda! Thank godness for proper eye make up remover.

Secondly, and this is only a minor thing, you cannot see how much of the product you are using or how much is left. Nowadays, I can usually tell buy the weight when it’s about to run out. Though, if you were a first timer it would be difficult to tell.




This has fast become my favourite toner.  I used to be a big fan of the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 and Clinique Anti blemish Lotion but I found them to be rather drying and slightly harsh during the winter months.

A received a sample of the toner in November after ordering online and used it while of holiday. I was certainly impressed and only just got around to finishing it. So, I’ve repurchased!

Again, I like the smell of the product. It has a light floral scent that's very smoothing and complements the other products in this range. It also enriched with Vitamin E so its caring to the skin. No complaints there!!

I apply it with a cotton wool pad and work in small circular motions on my T – Zone.  Its good at picking up any make up left on the skin and wipes all that pollution away. The only problem is I cannot apply this to my cheek area. It burns like hell! So I would say this is a major down side for me.

This has not caused any spots or blackheads and I am satisfied that it keeps any hormonal breakouts smoothed and less red.

Final Thoughts...

Overall, it's difficult to say whether it deserves its claimed ‘holy grail’ of all skin care products.  The C&P has won a sting of well-deserved awards and accolades over the years as being one of the best products for skin care out on the market today. For me, it works wonderfully with my skin type and I find it difficult to sway onto other products. Therefore, I would have to agree with some of the hype it’s given. Really, my only issue is the lack of….’umffff’ of removing make up. If they would improve the formula of the C&P to sufficiently remove all make up whilst keeping it mild – THEN – I would agree with this ‘miracle’ product. 

I'm liking the Skin tonic too. As I've said it complements and works well with my skin to keep a calming balance. I will continue to use this product anyway though there is no doubt that I'll try others in the future. It would be interesting to see if I come back. 

I have also thoroughly review the moisturiser that works as a trio set for the skincare range. Please click on this link to read: http://ragerwagerbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/review-liz-earle-skin-repair.html

Please let me know in the comments below what you're thoughts are. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...