Career Talk | Emirates: The Application




There is something about working and travelling around the world that would satisfy a strong needy urge deep down at the bottom of my heart. So this is my chance to stretch that 'dream' into a possible reality. That want to travel came from my teenage days of being a young, free spirit. Before I started University, I had the dream of graduating then travelling around the world, meeting new people and exploring myself. Truth is, reality hit hard! I didn't get the opportunity to do that and ended up needing to find a full time job, and quickly.

So I did. I was very lucky. There were only a hand full of people I knew who got a job within the first couple of weeks from graduating. Then even, it wasn't exactly a graduate job, and nothing to do with my degree, but professional enough to get that first step ladder on the career ladder. Since 2010, I have been employed within the Education sector and thoroughly enjoyed my success. I am and have worked in some excellent, outstanding organisations.

But...it's just not enough!

On a personal level, this has been a very challenging and difficult year. With all that overcome, I am craving change, again. Something that will positively impact on me for once. I am good at adapting to change and survive thrive on excelling myself, especially if I push it to the limit. As mad as that may sound. I want to take my career in a completely different direction...haha... "the only way is up".

It all started by searching for holiday with one of my closest Besties. The idea of getting away for a week appealed to me after the the previous months that had gone by. As I searched for destinations, I also browsed through which airports would offer decent flight prices. So at this point, I am navigating the Manchester Airport website looking for what airlines flew from there. That strong urge came back to me so I begun looking into the career opportunities with the airline companies that were listed.

Within an hour, I had literally done the application form for Emirates. I felt a high level of dedication getting the form completed. To make the online application process easier, I even joined LinkedIn, as I didn't have a premade CV to hand. All I need to do was link my LinkedIn account with the application form and simples! It was all done.

For the record, this is just my experience. Everything that I discuss is only to use as guide if you are thinking of applying to join Emirates. Otherwise, I am just sharing my experiences of applying. It might not necessary mine that you get the job! I found this helpful clip on YouTube on becoming a Cabin Crew member with Emirates here.

The online application form is standard. It's all electronic which makes inputting your information is easy. There is 8 sections, Personal Information, Work Experience, Education, Certifications, Photos, Job Specific Questions, Declaration and Summary. All the sections are very straight forward. In the work experience section, that's where I connected my LinkedIn account. So much quicker than filling in the sections one line at a time.

Yes - you do need to upload photos of yourself. One full length photo in formal attire: black jacket, white blouse/ shirt, knee length skirt, natural tights and smart (clean) black mid heels. I put my hair up in my bun and kept my makeup simple. I YouTubed how the Emirates girls do there makeup and found some pretty good tutorials . The Job Specific Question's section is nothing to worry about. The section asks you to confirm that you have attached your photo's as advised, that you're willing to wear the company uniform, and that you can work shifts. Yes to all!

Before you send off your application, make sure you are happy with it. Spell check, and if you can, let someone else read over it. I have dyslexia and struggle to proof read my own grammar and spelling so I like to leave it a day or two before submitting any application form. I left it quite sometime. Although I started the application just after booking my holiday, I did not send it off until after I had come back, just so I could be positive that this is what I wanted.

There you go. So, at this point, I am just waiting to find out if I have been invited to the Assessment Day. If successful, I will be going to the one in Edinborough in September! Eeeeeeek! By the time I post this, I will know if I have the job or not.

Good luck to anyone who is/ has applied. Let me know how you get on. I would love to hear you experiences!!!!!








1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...