Career Talk | Emirates & Etihad: The Waiting Game!




Oh.mah.gawd! It's 11th August at exactly 23.34 and I am still awake!

Usually, I am known for having some patience and resilience when it comes to most things. This must be the 1000th time I have read this post back to myself. I must apologise in advance: you're not going to learn anything about new applying about for cabin crew. It is just random rambles and thoughts I had to myself on making big grown up decisions.  Make your own judgement from this...

Whilst I was on holiday with one of my Besties, I told her about me applying for Emirates (see this post for previous details on my little story). I couldn't keep it from her forever and I actually needed someone is knows me through and through to discuss it with. At the time, a reality check was in order to make sure I was taking the opportunity for the right reasons. 
In educational terms, I am a reflective learner first, before being an activist. This waiting game has given me time to reflect on if I was offered the position, would I actually want it. I mean for me this could have massive implications on my future. I have job security; I am on a decent wage for a 25 year old; I have worked from the bottom of the pile and up; I am very respected by my work family; I am living in private rented accomodation; I have a solid and supportive network of friends; I am going to be a braidsmaid for another one of my Besties; I had a car!

So far, only a handful of people know about my mad idea: 1 close friend, and 3/4  close work collegues who've all been sworn to secretcy. Its not that I cannot 'hold my own water' as such. I wanted to test the reactions at the of leaving behind a perminant secure jobs. It's needs has been balanced between "are you serious" to "YOLO"! Secondly, it also means have some difficult conversations to have with friends, especially one who I'm going to be braidsmaid for.

I'm certainly not having any second doubts that's for sure. How do I know I want it so badly? Because the possibility of not succeding is hurting my confidence slightly. I know my own mind too well. My main concern is failure. Why? Whoes judging me? I suppose this surpressed little dream to travel has taken over my emotions slightly, or it could be the PMT talking. If you've applied for cabin crew, or have done already and is going through this mental tennis match, back and forth of reasons why you shouldn't pack up, take risks and follow your heart (and breathe) - stop pressurising yourself! We're not on our own!

My advice: stop letting the 'haters' and 'doubters' squish your determination to want something so badly. Who cares that other people think? And, yes that includes family and friends. My Bestie give me some good advice. I asked her if she thought I was mad. I mean giving up this little independant life I was re-creating here at home to work around this world. She said she just wanted to make sure I was doing this for all the right reasons, and to be prepared for either way. She wants me to be happy. Those words have stuck with me throughout this whole situation. I mean this is only early days.

In my head, I had answered her question. Absolutely yes, I am doing this because I've always wanted to.Yes - think practically about any decision to pack up and move away if  you're ever offered a job. Even if its outside your hometown in the same country. All practicalities have to be discussed: there is a solution ready to be reached. Think positive and don't not over think. After all, you could be worrying over nothing at this stage.

Reality check complete!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
https://www.facebook.com/RagerWagerBeautyBlog?ref=hlhttps://twitter.com/RagerWagerhttps://plus.google.com/+RachelWagerhttp://instagram.com/ragerwagerbeautybloghttp://www.pinterest.com/rachelwager/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...